Work undertaken to date by the centre illustrates how valuable its relationships with industry are to the ongoing development of an industry led research community. There is a diverse range of applied research projects currently being undertaken at CLIMB, from the changing face of human resource management within post independent Latvia, to the role of social capital in increasing levels of innovative activity amongst small businesses in Wales.
To help build and maintain a research community of private, public and third sector organizations it is proposed that CLIMB will launch and lead Research Clubs. The purpose of which will be to maintain a research dialogue and outputs to the mutual benefit of all stakeholders.
- To promote applied research in Business, Innovation, Leadership and Management Behaviours
- To create a research community for business, innovation, leadership and management behaviours research in the Business School and amongst its pan-Gwent, Wales and UK stakeholders.
- To produce research outputs which ideally meet the requirements of the Research Excellence Framework (REF)
- To support CLIMB members in the development of their research practice and output via the creation of a learning network
- To attract and support to completion PhD students in the subject areas of business, innovation, leadership and management behaviours
- To support and contribute to the organisation and deliveryof one research conference per year and a research seminar series.
- To create Research Clubs as the main organisational units for applied research.